I’ve posted my backlog of games twice before – once in 2009, and an updated version this year – but video games are not the only media that’s started piling up on me. I also have a backlog of ye olde printed books, which has accumulated through various sales and semi-impulse purchases. So I figured, as with my video game backlog, I would make a list of my book backlog, because lists are awesome.
This list is only for narrative works; I also have other books I’ve yet to digest, like roleplaying books and non-fiction (mostly philosophy related) books. There are also some second-hand books from flea markets which I won’t be counting here, as well as the stack of free books I got through the university last year. So the list only contains new books which I’ve invested money in.
- A.A. Gill – Sap Rising
- Clive Barker – Sacrament
- Clive Barker – Weaveworld
- The Coyote Road
- Dean Ing – The Rackham Files
- George Bernard Shaw – Mrs. Warren’s Profession
- Gordon R. Dickson & Poul Anderson – Hokas Pokas!
- Jeff Strand – Mandibles
- John Ajvide Lindqvist – Låt Den Rätte Komma In
- John Ajvide Lindqvist – Hanteringen Av Odöda
- Louis De Bernieres – Red Dog
- Mage: The Ascension – Ascension
- Patricia C. Wrede – Enchanted Forest Chronicles, Book 2: Searching For Dragons
- Patricia C. Wrede – Enchanted Forest Chronicles, Book 3: Calling On Dragons
- Patricia C. Wrede – Enchanted Forest Chronicles, Book 4: Talking To Dragons
- Stephen King – The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
- Terry Pratchett – Equal Rites
- Terry Pratchett – Feet Of Clay
- Terry Pratchett – Jingo
- Terry Pratchett – Men At Arms
- Terry Pratchett – The Rincewind Trilogy: Sourcery, Eric, Interesting Times
- Terry Pratchett – Small Gods
- Terry Pratchett – Witches Abroad
- Tom Wolfe – I Am Charlotte Simmons
- Victor Pelevin – The Sacred Book Of The Werewolf
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Last Battle
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Tribe Novel 5: Children Of Gaia & Uktena
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Tribe Novel 6: Silver Fangs & Glass Walkers
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Tribe Novel 7: Black Spiral Dancers & Wendigo
So about thirty books in all. Currently I’m working my way through John Ajvide Lindqvists vampire novel Låt Den Rätte Komma In. I watched and enjoyed the film, and figured I’d give the source material a try. It’s going a bit slow since I’m reading it in the original Swedish, as the original Swedish version cost maybe about a third of what the Norwegian-translated version cost. Norwegian book prices are pretty steep, which is part of the reason why I very rarely buy books in Norwegian (plus the fact that most books I’m interested in are by English-speaking authors, and there’s a greater selection of books which have been translated to English than to Norwegian).
Not sure what I’ll move onto once I’m done with that. Am thinking of maybe reading another Terry Pratchett Discworld book come jul, which are generally fun and easy to read. I do hope to eventually make my way through all (or at least most) of these books. As long as I don’t add to the list at too great a frequency, it should be doable.